GET 10% OFF WHEN YOU USE DISCOUNT CODE: VIBES

Candle Safety

Experience Candles contain herbs, flowers, biodegradable micas and glitters and other botanicals. It is EXTREMELY important to remove any and everything from the candle before burning! Absolutely never leave unattended! 

DISCLAIMER:
Please be aware that my candles contain herbs, crystals and other matter inside and on top of them which can can fire when the candle is lit. Please be very cautious when lighting these candles and never leave them unattended, near a ceiling, wall or curtains, etc that can catch fire. It is recommended that you remove any dried plant matter prior to burning. Also never leave them around children or pets. Experience Candles and/or Ciera Kelley is not responsible for the misuse of candles or products. Do no ingest Ritual Oils and always consult a medical doctor before consuming any herbal supplements. Please know that by purchasing any item from my shop you agree to these understandings and hold harmless Experience Candled.  ALL ITEMS ARE SOLD AS CURIOS ONLY!


If you experience a huge flame, soot, or extreme smoke from when burning your candle.....Blow the candle out.  It could be that the 
wick needs to be trimmed. Trim the wick on your candle; it should be 1/4″ high. It is very important that your wick is trimmed to 1/4-1/8 of an inch. This will cause your candle to burn slower and more evenly, shorter flame and a more fragrant candle. If your wick is already trimmed to 1/4″, then check for a draft or excess oxygen fanning the flame. Heating vents, ceiling fans, windows or even a heavily used walkway or doorway can provide enough extra oxygen to cause a candle to smoke and produce a wild flame.  Keep burning candles away from drafts, vents, ceiling fans and air currents. This will help prevent rapid, uneven burning this is one of the National Candle Association:

How to Burn a Candle Safely

Before Lighting:

  • Before burning, always trim the wick to ¼ inch. You can use a wick trimmer, nail clippers, or scissors. Long or crooked wicks can cause uneven burning, dripping or flaring.
  • Keep the wax pool clear of wick trimmings, matches and debris at all times.
  • Always use a candle-holder specifically designed for candle use. It should be heat resistant, sturdy, and large enough to contain any drips or melted wax.

 Burn candles in a well-ventilated room:

  •  Avoid drafts, vents or air currents. This will help prevent rapid or uneven burning, sooting, and excessive dripping.
  • Follow the manufacturer’s recommendations on burn time and proper use. In general, it is recommended that candles do not burn for longer than four hours and cool for at least two hours before relighting.
  • When lighting a candle, use long matches or a long-reach lighter. Keep your hair and loose clothing away from the flame.

While Burning:

  • Never leave a candle unattended.
  • Never burn a candle on or near anything that can catch fire. Keep burning candles away from furniture, drapes, bedding, carpets, books, paper, flammable decorations, etc.
  • Keep candles out of the reach of children and pets. Do not place lighted candles where they can be knocked over by children, pets or anyone else.
  • Never touch or move a candle while it is burning or while the wax is liquefied.
  • Don’t burn a candle all the way down. For a margin of safety, discontinue burning a candle when 1/2 inch remains in the container or 2 inches if using a pillar candle.
  • Place burning candles at least three inches apart from one another. This is to make sure they don’t melt one another, or create their own drafts that will cause the candles to burn improperly.
  • Extinguish a candle if the flame becomes too high or flickers repeatedly. Let the candle cool, trim the wick, and check for unwanted drafts before re-lighting.
  • Never use a candle as a night light or while you may fall asleep.
  • Be very careful if using candles during a power outage. Flashlights and other battery-powered lights are safer sources of light during a power failure. Never use a candle during a power outage to look for things in a closet, or when fueling equipment – such as a lantern or kerosene heater.

When Extinguishing a Candle: 

  • Use a candle snuffer to extinguish a candle. It’s the safest way to prevent hot wax from splattering.
  • Never use water to extinguish a candle. Water can cause the hot wax to splatter and might break a glass container.
  • Make sure the candle is completely out and the wick ember is no longer glowing before leaving the room.
  • Don’t touch or move the candle until it has completely cooled.
  • Never use a knife or sharp object to remove wax drippings from a glass holder. It might scratch, weaken, or cause the glass to break upon subsequent use.